Omaha provides a wide plethora of insurance options to choose from. They have been designed keeping in mind every nature of the potential customer. Be it a holder of the Original Medicare Plan or an employee facing disability, there are wee – tailored plans that provide the much needed security so that the individual can live a peaceful retirement or recover from the illness faster.
1) Medicare Supplemental plans: It can be bought by 65+ individuals or by persons below 65 with disabilities including End Stage Renal Disease. The recipient may choose his or her service provider from array of service providers associated with the Mutual. The insurance coverage options under this plan are:
- Original Medicare- It includes Part A- Hospital Insurance and Par B – Medicare Insurance.
- Medicare Advantage: It comprises of Part C – Medicare Advantage including Part A, Part B and some additional benefits like prescription drug coverage.
12% discount on premiums is offered to the policyholders from a single household.
2) Life Insurance: Various options of plans are available under the long term life insurance and the permanent life insurance suiting different individualistic needs like payment of mortgage or debts, providing ongoing income, covering of final expenses, case of accidental death , provision of funds for child’s education or any emergency and supplement retirement income.
3) Long-Term Care Insurance: If an individual is chronically ill, he or she may need insurance for long term services. The benefits under this insurance policy of the Mutual can be received in either cash or reimbursement benefit until the policy limit is reached. Benefits like shared care, security benefit and inflation protection can be bought along paying an additional cost. A care coordinator is also accessible under this policy of the Omaha.
4) Disability Income Insurance: Suppose a person is unable to earn due to sickness or injury, then disability income insurance will cover a part of monthly income ensuring smooth flow of daily expenses. The products under this policy are short or long term, Priority Income Protection and Accident-Only Plan.
5) Critical Illness Insurance: The high treatment costs and deductibility related to the Critical Illness are covered under this policy. Upon diagnosis of a serious illness, the policyholder not the service provider receives a lump sum benefit up to maximum $100,000 depending upon the term i.e; 10-,15-,20- and 30- years or lifetime. The age group eligible for this insurance policy is 18-64 years.
6) Cancer, Heart Attack and Stroke Insurance: The Cancer, Heart Attack Stroke Insurance caters to needs to families, individuals in need of high deductible filler and small business owners between age of 18-89. The coverage offered is for not only for medical expenses but also non-medical expenses during diagnosis and treatment.
7) Dental Insurance: The dental insurance policies are Mutual Dental preferred Insurance Policy and Mutual Dental Protection Insurance Policy. These plans cover basic, preventive and major services including dental implants.
Then there are Medigap plans. These plans are things like a Cigna Medicare supplement which pays expenses in Medicare.
Pick the right investment plan for you after going through all the details. It is also recommended to get the advice of your financial advisor who can guide you through the process seamlessly.